Here’s your podcast update for June! There’s actually a lot going on for what is usually considered an “off-season” for entertainment. If you want, you can download my subscription list at http://www.noformatblog.ca/podcasts_opml.xml
I don’t recall dropping any subscriptions. Good news!
This list is somewhat long! That’s really cool.
- The Pitch is back! Three new episodes came out, and while I was disappointed with the unannounced break I’m pretty happy there are new shows to evaluate. Season 3 started June 14th and is now part of Gimlet.
- Grant Lawrence is back on CBC Radio 3! Which is now “Canada Sounds”, which I need to listen more for a proper evaluation. I guess they got tired of doing the usual show of just playing cool music with the occasional feature. Now it sounds like something tied even more strongly into Canada. Episodes are short, it seems!
- Radio Free Burrito – Wil Wheaton is trying to keep to a weekly schedule. So far so good. I’ve always liked this show, and it’s pretty much an audio version of his blog. A show I usually listen to first as soon as it comes out.
- Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder – season 2 seems to be looking at the Daniel Morgan murder from a slightly different perspective, assuming that the listener is familiar with the story. Leans heavily on the host’s new book.
- Overthinking It Podcast episode 464: E.T.: I Learned it from You, Alien Dad!
- Why this episode? Because for a long time I’ve been meaning to re-watch E.T. The Extra Terrestrial. I keep seeing it on Netflix and I don’t think I’ve watched it in 20+ years. This episode is a deep dive on what’s going on with the movie E.T. (as opposed to covering the apparently terrible Alien Covenant), and was really fun to listen to. They touched on so many aspects that I’d never noticed before so I had to watch it.
- Pair this listening with a viewing of E.T. You won’t regret it!
Just one – Back to the Futurama. For the longest time, Futurama Pedia was the only Futurama podcast around but that’s changed! Back to the Futurama is going through all of the Futurama episodes in order, from what I can tell. I haven’t listened through everything, and still need to finish listening to their Space Pilot 3000 episode. But it’s pretty good!
Got any podcasts you’d like to recommend?