- Serena Foster - "Show Me The Way" - This was another submission by email; Serena Foster apparently had a bit of a re-invention in 2016, leading her to this EDM-influenced pop sound. She's had music featured in American Horror Story, Ink Master, and The Flash. This track has a nice catchy beat - this was released as a new single this past Tuesday. Have a look at her other stuff at http://www.serenafoster.com!
- Ralph Castelli - "Good Morning" - If you're playing "One of these things is not like the other", you're a winner if you picked "Good Morning". Very light indie track - the title matches the feel of the song quite well.
- Wordsmith - "The Statement" - Wordsmith is right. Great hip hop track with mind-bendingly fast lyrics. I still haven't caught everything in the song after several listens. Very talented artist.
- The Madpix Project - "Moments" - Title track of one of their recent releases, this one is more good pop. It's actually somewhat similar to Serena Foster's track, just slightly more beat-oriented. They have many more albums on Jamendo if you're interested.
- Duo Teslar - "Universal Funk" - Pretty much as advertised. This is some solid funk music and is fun to listen to.
- We Were Cheerleaders - "Alchemy" - I find it hard to go wrong with a little bit of hard rock. This is heavily blues-influenced, mixed with a little bit of metal. Mostly blues. I love that these guys are from France but sound so rooted in the southern rock scene.
- Scream Inc - "Higher And Higher" and "I'll Be The One" - No - that second track is NOT a Backstreet Boys cover. From the name I would have expected a "Scream-o" band but that's not quite what they are. About as hard rock as We Were Cheerleaders, but they have some sort of weird sound combination of Rush and Avenged Sevenfold. I probably wouldn't listen to these guys a lot but interesting enough for the weekend.
Have a great weekend!