Last year I made a lofty and un-researched goal of reading 25 books; I didn’t get that far at all. I wrote about my reading habits during the year and I don’t think I’ve really changed too much about them. This year my goal is a lot more reasonable. I’ve set my goal to 12 books for 2018, and I have a concrete list of what to read to get me started.
You see, I have many books that I’ve received as gifts that I intended to read but haven’t gotten to yet. I keep adding more books. This is a problem. So, theoretically, I’ve got the books I’m going to read for 2018 and not going to add any more until I see some form of end in sight.
You can follow my reading progress over at Goodreads – that’s where I talk the most about books. So, here’s the list of what I’m going to start the year reading; I have more on the shelf that I can add, but figured this was a good place to start.
- From A Certain Point of View (Star Wars) – Currently reading this one; it’s a collection of short stories featuring side characters from A New Hope, in celebration of its 40th anniversary.
- A History of the World in 12 Maps – this one caught my eye even though I don’t usually go for history books. Looking forward to diving in.
- Tunnels by Roderick Gordon
- The Immortals (Olympus Bound #1) by Jordanna Max Brodsky
- Informal Biography of Scrooge McDuck by Jack L. Chalker
- True Canadian UFO Stories by John Robert Colombo
- Blackout (Riley Covington #3) by Jason Elam
- Gone (Gone #1) by Michael Grant
- Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
Like I said there are other books to be added, but those will definitely keep me busy for a long time for the first bit of summer. I’ll share my thoughts when I can.