Hey everybody! Steve here – Mike and I recorded an episode last night, so I’m just in the editing stages of putting it together. I hope to be speedy and have it out tonight, but we’ll see about that. Anyway, it’s coming…so stay tuned!
Mike’s on vacation, so Steve filled in by himself. The result? A really pathetic podcast…but don’t worry, it’s not 30 minutes long. It’s more of a filler episode, but there’s still some neat information contained inside. Have a listen!
Mobius Dick – Robosexual
Mike & Steve take advantage of the 2012 London Summer Games to talk about the Season 4 episode “Bend Her”. Please excuse any audio issues – we’re still fiddling with the levels on our new sound mixing board.
The Olympic Rings (Wikipedia)
Featured Music in the podcast:
Brave Combo – The Hokey Pokey
Mike and Steve talk about a double-feature of episodes: season 3’s “The Day the Earth Stood Stupid” and season 4’s “The Why of Fry”. They take a look at the reason for Futurama’s existence, and ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Mike and Steve have Blernsball fever and aren’t afraid to spread it! Join the boys as they try to nail down the rules of the game, discuss the mandatory use of steroids, and talk about the Season 3 episode “A Leela Of Her Own”.
Kellee Maize – Future Remix (Aligned Archetype, 2010)
In this week’s episode, Mike and Steve discuss the 13th episode of Season 1, “Fry and the Slurm Factory”, and try to determine whether or not it’s the grossest episode in Futurama history. They also discuss some of the other parodies of Futurama, as well as cover off some Futurama News at the top of the show. Download now for the thrilling discussion – one that even forgets to mention that the Slurm contest has Fry looking for a bottle cap in a can.
Major League Baseball umpires can’t have it both ways. Either they have to be available for post game press conferences to explain their
miscalls or let the league step in and implement a video review system. At the moment, the only accountability is that bad umps are not allowed to officiate playoff games. With the added wild card team this year, I think that means that only 4 umps won’t be getting the call for the post season.
Also, in absolute non-related-to-this-post-news, that balk call was absolute bullshit….
Apparently, the Jays have signed Vladimir Guerrero to a minor league deal. In honour of this, I’ve decided to repost my One Sentence Scouting Report from December 23rd:
One Sentence Scouting Report: Vladimir Guerrero
- They’ve discontinued his hat size (XXXXL, unbendable brim, low enough to hide the fact that his hair line is perilously close to his eyebrows)
- Alex Anthopoulos is mesmerized by Lind’s dreamy
- Adam Lind has stumbled upon some rent control scheme and will be occupying the cleanup spot until he’s a feeble old man
- There’s got to be some unknown metric we’re ALL missing
- The air conditioning at Rogers Centre is broken and they need the gusts of wind provided by his numerous strikeouts to keep the stadium cool during the summer
- The Jays have a warehouse full of #Lindsanity T-Shirts that they’re hoping one day become relevant (assist to Connor McGuire on this one…)